dinsdag 6 juni 2017

Project 17 in 17: update!























  Hi there! I haven´t posted in a looong time; I started an internship this February, and as my workdays are quite long, I haven't been able to play with make-up as much as I would want to. But I FINALLY managed to snap some pics of the progress I made with my Project 17 in 17!



I started this project January 1st with 18 products, and so far I have finished or destashed 8 of them. The picture above shows all the products I finished or destashed.

NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu (top left): Destashed. This one was allmost finished (I melted it down in hot water a few times already as I was scraping the sides), but it was starting to smell off. Really enjoyed this lipgloss, it's a perfect pink-nude colour. I will move in a different gloss soon!

Kat von D tattoo liner in Trooper (top middle): Finished. This liner was nice, though I'm not obsessed with it as many other people seem to be. The tip seemed almost too precise for me, as it would easily slip into a tiny eyelid fold.

Essence Stay Natural concealer (middle): Finished. I didn't really enjoy this concealer in the beginning due to it's low coveratge, but at the end I appreciated the natural effect it gave. Perfect for a no-makeup makeup look. Even though this concealer only holds 1.5 mL of product, it still took me almost 3 months of everyday use to finish it.

Yves Rocher Youthful Effect foundation (middle): Finished. My favourite foundation! I mixed it with a lighter foundation as it was a little bit too dark for my winter shade. There's still some product left at the sides, but as I have a backup already, I didn't bother scraping everything out.

Essence Eyebrow topcoat waterproof (middle right): Finished. I wasn't really sure if I liked this when I started the project, but I really noticed a difference in my brow-longlastingness (?) when I ran out of this. This really holds your brows in place, even when you're sweaty/ if it's raining. Already repurchased it!

Makeup Revolution Ultra Brow Arch & Shape (middle): Finished. I used to use this all the time, but last year I switched to brow powder. When I was using this last bit up, my brows definitely looked way harsher than I'm used to. Although it's a good product, I'll stick with my powder for the moment.

Yves Rocher Cream Eyeshadow in Cuivre (bottom left): Destashed. This one was running low, but it dried up before I could completely finish it up. Sadly, it's discontinued *cries in corner*.

Catrice Ultimate Stay lipstick 040 NUDEtritious (bottom right): Finished. I finally finished up a lipstick! This one was one of my favourites (you can see the colour better here), but it was recently discontinued as well. I used this one up after about 5 weeks of hardcore use. I'm almost proud of myself!

























And then two products I don't see a lot of progress on. I started this project with a Bourjois bronzer, but it pulled too orange on me. I decided to switch it out for this Wet 'n Wild contouring palette I bought last summer. The blush in my project is still the NYC Cheek Glow blush in Outside Café.

























The contouring palette is okay, but the formula is SO POWDERY. The moment I put my brush in it, powder flies everywhere. As you can see I managed to get a dip in each powder, but as I'm quite fair, progress is slow on this one. But I already know I'm retiring this one from the project the moment I hit pan on it. Lesson learned: don't impulse buy something just because it has good reviews..

























And then this blush. I still love this blush, and it's still my favourite, but progress is so slow on this one! I have not used any other blush since January 1st, so I wore this 5 times a week for 5 months straight, and I can barely see a dip. People in the panning community often say blushes never die, and now I see that they were not overexaggerating. Lesson two learned: even if it's something you"ll use, think before you buy it, as the product will be with you for a while. A long while.

So, that's a quick update on my panning progress! Overall I can say that I already feel less tempted to buy random makeup products, because I know now how long they take to use up! The flipside is that I realised I will never be able to use up my whole makeup collection...

Until next time!

1 opmerking:

  1. Hmmmm, deze artikelen zijn altijd heerlijk! En die lipstick in 5 weken?! HOE DAN?! Dan heb je alle recht om trots te zijn! :) En jeetje, ik ben ook echt onder de indruk van die blush. Zo vaak gebruikt, en het patroontje met de letters is nog steeds te zien. Gefeliciteerd met je vooruitgang! :D Ik kijk uit naar de volgende update.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen